- An article entitled "Temporal Patterns in Fine Particulate Matter Time Series in Beijing: A Calendar View" is published online by Scientific Reports on 22 August 2016.
- Successfully passed oral examination for PhD degree on 3 August 2016.
- A short-communication article entitled "Quality screening for air quality monitoring data in China" is published online by Environmental Pollution on 1 July 2016.
- won the Best Presentation Award in 15th Academic Conference for Postgraduate Students in Construction Management & Real Estate, by The HKPolyU CIB Student Chapter in Department of Building & Real Estate of The Hong Kong Polytechnic University on 22 June 2016
- A co-authored article entitled "City Profle: Taipei" led by Dr. Jie Li is published online by Cities on April 1 2016 (together with Jie Li, Xingjian Liu, and Weifeng Li).
- A review article entitled "Rethinking big data: A review on the data quality and usage issues" is published by ISPRS Journal of Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing on December 29 2015 (with Jie Li, Weifeng Li, and Jiansheng Wu).
- A graphic article entitled "Featured graphic: Mapping ethnic migration in mainland China from early 1960s to 2010" is published by Environment and Planning A on November 23, 2015 (with Jie Li, Weifeng Li, and Jingsi Shaw).
- Won a small Qian-Xuesen paper award for a single-authored paper "A decision-making analytical framework for searching university (vice-) presidents: Experience from the University of Hong Kong".
- We self-publish "Advancing Mutual Understanding: A Review of the HKU-PKU Joint Urban Planning Fieldtrip to the Pearl River Delta" in lulu.com. This review presents detailed views and opinions from the Hong Kong local college students on mainland China’s urban planning policies, including regional coordination plan, the free trade area, eco-environmental protection, and urban villages.
- An co-authored paper "Exploring associations between urban green, street design and walking: Results from the Greater London boroughs" led by Dr. Chinmoy Sarkar and Prof. Chris Webster is published in Landscape and Urban Planning.
- Received the 2015 Karen Polenske Best Student Paper Award in 2015 IACP Conference at Chongqing University. IACP Technical Review Committee comprised of Prof Qisheng Pan and Dr. Jason Cao gave comments. Karen R. Polenske Best Student Paper Award, established in honor of Massachusetts Institute of Technology Professor Karen Polenske - a prominent regional economist and a leading scholar of China's sustainable development - is awarded annually to student IACP members who present excellent research at major international planning conferences.
- Published a journal article "A nighttime light imagery estimation of ethnic disparity in economic well-being in mainland China and Taiwan (2001-2013)" in Eurasian Geography and Economics.
- Won a research grant from Urban China Initiative (UCI) for the year of 2015 (RMB 50,000, 12 months) together with Dr. Jie Li. The title of this project is "Urban Climate and its Impact on Mental and Social Well-being of Residents: Empirical Evidence from China". UCI is a joint initiative led by Columbia University, Tsinghua University and McKinsey & Company. UCI grant promotes innovative research on urban development in China and is highly competitive. Only 6 out of 46 research grant applications stand out in tough competition this year.
- Air quality and its impact on mental health of urban residents
- Remote sensing, Geographical Information Science, and their application on socio-economic phenomenon and Air Quality Monitoring
- big data analytics
- PhD, 2016, The University of Hong Kong
- MSc, 2012, Peking University
- BSc, 2009, East China Normal University
I am a Post-doctoral Fellow at the Department of Urban Planning and Design, Faculty of Architecture, The University of Hong Kong. I work with Professor Chris Webster on a research project that links outdoor air pollution to mental health in China and UK settings. I hold a Bachelor of Science Degree in Geographical Information Science in East China Normal University, and a Master of Science Degree in Urban and Regional Planning from Peking University.
My recent paper "Temporal Patterns in Fine Particulate Matter Time Series in Beijing: A Calendar View" published by Scientific Reports addresses a timely and important issue in China: Air pollution. The paper provided an innovative calendar visualization of PM2.5 measurements in Beijing throughout 2014 and concluded that there are three diurnal patterns and no weekly patterns; seasonal patterns exist but they do not follow a strict temporal division.
In my spare time, I serve as student Board member in International Association for China Planning (IACP) and I am in charge of IACP webportal and e-business. I am the founder of CNUrbanStudies.org, a free online Urban New Media focusing on China Urbanization and the first of its kind.
"Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much." 单丝不成线, 独木不成林。
———— Helen Keller 海伦·凯勒
I am looking for Collaborators on Remote Sensing and GIS Application in socio-economic phenomenon and Air Quality Monitoring, Geo-Spatial Health Research, Urban Planning education as well as other topical subjects such as Big Data Analytics. I am eager to collaborate with talented people with the same interests on these areas.
You are most welcome to drop me a message or contact with me at email@example.com.